December 18, 2018

"Let's Boogie!"

If you asked me, I would say that "Let's boogie" is one of Sean's most frequently used statements either in reaching out, or in response. I love it. It makes me laugh and sets the tone for positivity every time.

Tonight, I started reading the syllabus for my first class as a student at the University of Florida working on a Master's in Leadership Development within the school of Agricultural Education and Communication (mouthful!) and I am practically coming out of my chair with excitement at the assignments and projects we have for the semester. Adam had to ask me to hold off on the first paper until at least class starts.

Let me give you an example:
"The purpose of this autobiographical essay is to increase self-awareness of the cultures and beliefs you represent and that shape your life experiences as a global leader and community member."


You guys. I get to spend 6-8+ hours a week studying leadership, defining leadership and working with LIKE MINDED PEOPLE in discussions on leadership. Is this real life? 

On top of that, I'm going to be volunteering for an undergraduate class with a professor who graduated from... wait for it.... GONZAGA. He is teaching a foundational leadership course where we are educating students on leadership theory with the understanding that many successful leaders learn it from practicing it, but we will study the scholarly discipline of leadership theory. Students are asked to examine and develop their own philosophy statements after studying leadership and interviewing leaders. I CANNOT WAIT. To plant those seeds and provide that exposure, hoping to instill some personal interest, inspiration or insight, sounds like the best possible use of my time on this planet. 

And the best part is, it's happening. This isn't some idea or lofty thought that I can get lost in while driving from one appointment to another. It is a responsibility and obligation that I know get to fill per the emails in my inbox, the immunization records I need to turn in so I can register, the books to buy, and the meeting with my advisor tomorrow on campus. No, this isn't sometime. This is now. It starts on January 8. I'm going to have one hell of a 2019. 

Let's boogie.



SHARE:

2 comments

ed pills said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this very good read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you book-marked to look at new things you post…

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig