January 7, 2011

its a great day!

Registered for Arabic! We start Monday! Ooooooooooooooooh susan, this will be a doosey.

When I returned our make the time fly audio books to the library I picked up a "River Running Basics" dvd to start like an amateur and learn what this awesome red beasty boat I got for Christmas is all about! She's a stellar looking second hand kayak and I couldn't be more THRILLED! Thanks Fam! I'm so freakin pumped to dominate the sport and become a bit of an expert on tips, tricks, gear, and the basic skills. I dream of being a confident kayaker that knows what she's doin out on the water and can take a friend or two someday and help them enjoy it too! Anyway, I'm stoked about learning the basics :) Normally I'd just go put myself in at the top of a river and see what happens, the way I have with ANY physical activity I've ever tried but water can be freakin ruthless and if I'm going out there alone, I kind of want to know what the hell I'm doing. Sort of. In a round about way :) Its like rock climbing. You can't really just go out and tie some ropes in a knot and call it good. I guess you could say I'm gearing myself up for some educated outdoor learned skills so when we attempt Rainier I'm not so offended to sit and listen to someone tell me how to do it right. There comes a time for messing around and a time to get serious. How I miss the days of buying a motorcycle, doning my helmet with a giant AMY on the visor and lettin 'er rip! good golly, i wish i had that picture handy.

no coincidence that today's quote on the daily calendar was,
"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!"
thank you Mary Engelbreit for thinking of me! :)

We're off to Sonoma tomorrow! :) I'm a lucky girl. Last birthday spent skiing at Red Lodge with great friends, burgers, and Gonzaga Basketball; this year, wine country with David for three days! Going to be a great weekend of wine tasting and touring, I absolutely cannot wait. For as lame as that may sound (don't old farts usually do the wine tasting?), us two could not be more pumped to take off in search of some semi-warmer weather and hopefully a ray or two while debating which road to turn down and are we ready to sample some more grapes? Why yes, I think we are. We dabbled a bit in the sport this summer once or twice so it'll be fun to get back to "the good ol' days". HA. Aw man, this'll be a blast. The place we're staying comes with complimentary wine as well so I think its fair to say our tongues are about to receive a lashing; I couldn't be happier. Goodbye dreary Portlandia January Blues!

This post needs some life, may I present my brosif, he's pretty awesome.

he he, so is this guy :)

SHARE:

2 comments

Anonymous said...

yay......then you can come teach me!!!:)

Unknown said...

but not if I don't know who you are?! hehe, who is this? I'd be more than happy to!

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig