December 30, 2014

Tonight I learned...

That low tide is awesome. Falcor and I ran down to the pier, said a quick prayer, and then jetted down on the beach and back home on it the entire way. A couple of cranes, some rock jumping and puddle splashing and boom, one mile down! How rad to be grateful for the moment in the moment!?

I also learned that running without a phone or watch is quite liberating! You just sort of, run. At any pace you like and it's the perfect pace because it's the one you choose. It's not one you force out because you're not going as fast as you thought you were or as fast as you wanted to, you just run. I have a feeling I'm probably farting along at a pretty slow pace, but it gives me the energy and ability to focus hard on my posture, core strength and stride. I can tell I manage my right leg much better and keep from whipping it out in the trail leg motion which I have a feeling should do wonders for me hip. And instead of putting on the pressure on my hammy's, I'm able to keep my core engaged, forcing my hips to maintain their rotation and relying on my glutes! This is technical and nerdy. But, it's my life. :)

Home and Adam has the roast warmed up for me in the oven with cheese melted on top ready to be devoured with some bread. Oh my lands, it was delicious! Sprinkle of Johnny's and an incredible leftover treat. V came over last night for the first feast on the beast and we stuffed ourselves silly. To continue the holiday theme. Which reminds me of this:



Falcor is snoring, Adam is Angry Birding and I have a book on disassociation that I've been wanting to get my hands on. Meaning, Happy Tuesday! Cheers to a pile of laundry and a delicious cuppa. Mmm, mmm. Bring on these dark wintery nights - this house is armed and ready! 

SHARE:

No comments

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig