August 16, 2012

Half Dome. The Lead Up.

This is supposed to be some beautiful post full of pictures and grandeur and it will be, but right now, holy crap it's a lot of work to go through all those pictures that are half scattered on your cell phone, DSLR, and GoPro. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying you tell yourself that "tonight I will edit my Half Dome pictures and post them along with the story." HA. Tell yourself again.

Crappy day at work yesterday. Crappy workout. Crappy sleep. Rode bike to work. Cheered up along the way care of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Broke down at desk looking at pictures of Morocco and missing David. Call David. Cry into phone in the booth. Laugh some. Email professors who I've ignored all summer. Feel horrible. Send it anyway. Whisk away to meeting. Come back. Email waiting from said professor and my heart leaps. They understand. They aren't mad. They have been busy too and haven't even touched the project. We need more data. Molly is going to get it from her students this term. Ken is acting Dean so obviously his plate is full. BUT they still want my help. They. Want. My. Help. They asked how my job is, same company? I'm not reading anymore. I'm too excited that yet again, Gonzaga has blown my mind. I can still work on a research project that I do truly care about! It's not all about busting my butt at my desk on the interwebs coordinating with SEO clients. Ew. Its still about people. About growth. About progress! There's more! It's critical thinking! It's setting the bar and building a case so when you set the bar people don't doubt! Aw, yay. 

Okay, Half Dome. Lets start with the first weekend. That provided me with this view and still leaves me laughing to think that I climbed that big ass rock only 6 days after snapping this photo. And I had no intention and yet, I knew deep down, without a doubt that I would be doing it. :) 


SHARE:

No comments

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig