January 18, 2012

SOLID.

Have you seen this family?! :)




























I know you've seen at least one of the people in this picture, and my friends, if you've seen me, you've seen my family. It's crazy to realize how much of each one of these people are in my blood. There are little things about myself that I won't understand or feel alienated by, worried that I'm different and wondering what's wrong with me, when in reality, I'm just a Clerget :) With a good side of Turner! And there's nothing wrong with me at all! :) We are all so incredibly different, and that's what's first to notice, but then as the conversation gets going, the stories start rolling, and opinions are shared (trust me, there's plenty!) you begin to see how incredibly alike we all are! I do wish that this picture included my cousins Derek & his wife Angela, as well as another Aunt and Uncle of mine, but I am so thankful to have this group in this setting at Gram and Gramp's house. See them there in the middle? Talk about the pillars of the family. What to do, where to go? Call Gram and Gramp. It was unfortunate to have come together on a rare January day, but how wonderful to spend that moment with people you see so often. Knowing that you were all feeling it and still are feeling the loss of Grandpa, somehow makes it a little easier. Because we know it isn't easy for anyone. 

It's odd to think that this picture will hang in my house for all time and someday, either to my brother's kids or my own, I will be pointing out faces they won't be able to hug. To talk to. To get to know. To learn from. How strange they will just be the people in this picture and the persons in our stories. It was fun to look at the picture with Sarah as she went through and tried to name each one. It's new to us! A new person, someone who doesn't know everything about everyone, it's all fresh! And funny because how can you not know their names?! :) Growing up with Trav, Chase, Doug, Melinda, Shane and Derek, they really aren't cousins but more of distant siblings! 

Aw, Grandpa. Always with a vest on and always looking sharp :) Right up till they probably forced the suspenders off of him was he always dressed nice in slacks and a shirt with suspenders and recently a vest. Always smelled nice and looked sharp. 5 a.m. up and at um, even if it means a nap at 8 :) Looking at each one of us in the photo in relation to the big guy that started it all, I realize, go be who you are. Make your own legacy. Build your own troupe. Yes, you are a member of your family, you hold that name proudly, but do not forget that we are our own individuals destined for our own legacies and it's up to us to embrace that and pursue life with determination and grace. Grow from your roots and create your self.

I think one of my favorite parts of this picture is the presents on the floor by Chase :) Those are legit presents and that is a group of people ready to open!  

SHARE:

1 comment

Anonymous said...

So beautifully put.

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig