April 9, 2010

the cork JUST POPPED.

i don't know if its genetic or if its me, but sometimes I snap. and i don't even realize i'm snapping until i've already snapped. and then its too late. this evening two issues - the one of wanting to go get a happy hour beverage and having no one to get one with, and the other where a guy who you thought was yay fun friend lets play keeps making it awkward with flirty one liners that aren't clever just annoying because i don't like you like that. and i normally would return with a something that put out the flame and allowed the friendship to continue, but its been covered before the whole feelings not mutual, and now its just annoying. WHY can't a girl have a good guy friend?! Why can't I call up a guy who've I hung out with before and ask if he/they want/s to hit up a happy hour without either a)getting ridiculed for "wanting to start so early" (ahem, i thought happy hour was a good idea because it IS early, meaning BED EARLY) or b)it being annoying because he doesn't just say no thanks but tries to make funny flirty jokes about it and ask if i want to join them out later? Okay, that part I'm being insane about. There is no reason why I couldn't perfectly say 'no thank you' but like i said i pop before i know it and i was still caught up on the issue of being made fun of because i wanted to have A (emphasis on the A) drink at 6:00!(???) Like it was a CRIME? I dunno, I thought it was OKAY for people to have a beer and some chips on a sunny friday evening. I actually was under the assumption that was more of a pleasant experience than starting drinking at 9 and staying up till 1 or 2 in the morning. But, apparently its just me. At any rate, I did say no thanks to Asian Nights and that not for me, I just wanted to sit around have some laughs and share a few brews. Which that statement again got me nothing but criticism. What the hell. Either way I feel a bit of a brat, he said I was yelling i think i was just speaking with emotion (after all you're criticizing me because i asked you if you wanted to get wings and a beer. what guy doesn't want to get wings and a beer and watch tv on a sunny day?!) so i think i'll call back and apologize. he is a friend, just now i know not one thats going to go hit up a happy hour with you. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
SHARE:

2 comments

MedZag said...

It's ok Amy, I started drinking at 6 today too. :)

Kerri Rae said...

Going out and drinking at say 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm... that is a normal ADULT (<--underline and bold) thing to do. Going out at 10, 11, 12pm and staying out until 1 or 2, that's a child thing to do. That is why you don't see adults out at the bars too often! It just shows that he is still stuck in that crazy LETS GO GET WASTED stage and you are not. Well, at least that is what I tell myself ha ha.

But yes you are correct, that is why they make happy hours and why the adults leave say an hour into it, because they have a LIFE and need to live it (meaning go to bed and wake up in the morning)... you know, responsibilities. I would get fired up to and speak with loud enthusiasm! Don't apologize, he doesn't deserve your time.

Okay so obviously I know how you feel and until recently I thought I was stuck in the middle but I realized that it was just that I had a grip on reality and the people I was hanging with were stuck in the past!

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig