January 13, 2010

write it out. see how it feels.

Okay; here it goes. New idea, not really, been there a while but first time I've written about it.

HOME IMPROVEMENT.

Best job ever.

I am so freaking stressed out. I'm trying to pursue this Cold Stone thing in Helena but everyday is a stressful day and I don't know, don't have, ANY CLUE as to exactly what it is I'm doing and all the while never knowing if its actually going to work out. So, do you apply for other jobs and just see? Wait to find out if they go through? What other jobs do you even WANT? I mean, frick, are we just going to go down the same path AGAIN? And in a year be pissed that we did it or thankful because it led to something else and has at least given us something to do? Probably. But then what about volunteering abroad and HELPING people? That sounds like too much fun to ignore but can you believe it, I've applied to several and no dice. I am tired of asking for letters of recommendation; writing that email every time or making that phone call just STRESSES ME OUT, makes me feel guilty. I mean how MANY am I going to have to do until something actually happens? That doesn't cost 33k? Denver grad school bitches. 33k. For what? Hmmmmm. For that much more of a bad ass degree from a great school. Well, then you can apply for more jobs and have another credential? Because its admirable? What about learning how to climb glaciers for two years? Well the end product of that isn't exactly what I'm going for. At least I'm not Tiger Woods.

I feel like everyone else has somewhere to be. There is a reason they are where they are. They've got family. They like it there. They grew up there. Their friends are there. I've got friends all over the GD place, I can't go live in one area and be with them. My parents live in a place I CAN NOT see myself living, my brother lives in Montana... that's a bonus!

Mike says its not about your job, its about living a fulfilling life. Well shoot, all that is for me is to see change. To make a difference. To progress. To talk. To travel. To grow. Again, stressed out. :( I want to be a coach. I LIKE coaching. But I'm not a college athlete, so I'm just like everyone else. EXCEPT I LOVE WHAT SPORTS/TEAMWORK DOES FOR KIDS! EFFING A.

Every job I've ever gotten hasn't come from the internet. Why do I spend all this time looking online for a job? And how come I wanted so bad to be a glacier guide but I don't think its a good idea anymore? Because I don't really want to live up in Juneau all alone that's why. I miss my friends. I had it in my head that Zach and I would go up there and do that together. Well, its clear that isn't going to happen :( At any rate, I applied for the franchise. Lets say that one more time.... I APPLIED FOR THE FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!

What did you do?

I APPLIED TO OWN A COLD STONE CREAMERY IN HELENA MONTANA!!!!!!!!

Whew.
SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

At least for 33K you'll have a certificate of graduation from Denver. Get the Cold Stone, you'll be bankrupt, miserable, unable to sleep and wondering what possessed you to do such a stupid, stupid, stupid business deal. Run while you still can.

Unknown said...

Amy, your writings mirror my own voice and inquires as well (as well as other Zags): service, mission, belonging, making a difference, progressing, growth, fulfillment and authentic happiness.... and the feeling as if I'm not yet there, not doing it. You are doing okay! Usually I am the one banging my head against the wall-- now I see you doing it, too :) DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF! I think you ask all the right questions... but just LET GO and let God. Let go and I think it will come to you instead of you searching for IT :) GOOD LUCK with this new endeavor. SO CORNY, but true: You will learn SO MUCH from this (like I have from the photog biz). AWESOME. Go you :) ~C

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig