September 10, 2009

THE WORLD. on a wall.

So, I found an island, Admiralty Island, actually I shouldn't say I found it, its already BEEN found, but at any rate, I was checking out the map today and found a couple MORE Admiralty Islands, including the one we went fishin on in Alaska this summer, all over the world! Its fun the things a person can find on a map! Some people read books in the car, I read a map. I stare at it, study it, memorize it. I love maps! This one hangs in our living room - no wonder I like to explore new places huh!? I've got exhibit 'a', showcasing slash teasing me every minute I'm at home just flaunting the world in front of my eyes saying "aren't I preeeeeeetty? Don't you want to know what thiiiiiiiiiiiis looks like? :) Its not a fascination with travel, its a yearning for EXPLORING! Truly - it matters not where I find myself! But I always want to know...

Whats down that street?
Whats through that door?
Who is that person?
Why are they eating that?
Where did they get it?
Can we go there?

:)
Dudes, I'll fill up my gas tank and spend a day emptying it. For fun. I go down a road I don't know and make turns until I'm lost, then I try to find my way back. Through yet another different route. Until I'm hungry - then its time to find some FOOD! This map is huge. Its like 5'x4' and it really hangs, in the living room, right by the hallway and the dining room. And its so bad ass. You can't help but stand there every now and then and get lost in it all. Grandpa had one just like it in his office and when we'd visit when we were little I remember just running my hands back and forth over it feeling the oceans and mountains.... :) nostalgia..... Great Christmas present Danno!
SHARE:

1 comment

*Mingni said...

the best present i ever got was the huge wall map from SkyMall.... it's at my parents house and we can barely ever get through dinner without consulting it:)

© amy rocks, okay?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig